Sunday, February 26, 2012

Scamping Trip Two

Yay for three day weekends and a husband who is self-employed.
Means he can take the trailer up to a local campground on Friday, return and we can go back up that evening.
Last weekend we went a whopping 10 miles up the 33 to Foster Park.
Works for me.

Unfortunately my Canon ate my disc... or unformatted it, so the few pictures I took are stuck on the disc for now.

I did take two whole pictures on my iphone.
One to prove we have class.
We don't drink our Port out of plastic:


And two to show our dog loves camping.
She was the last to leave the campground...


Dave, Cherryl, Mark and Kathy joined us for overnights.
No, not all sleeping in the Scamp!
Jim A., Dorothy, John, Lourdes and a few others came for a visit.

We ate good.
BBQ chicken.
Tri Tip.
Giant egg and bacon breakfasts.
S'mores.
Hot fudge sundaes.
Yes, hot fudge sundaes.

We hiked.
Got stickers in the dog's feet.
Jim carried the dog out of stickerville.
Played bocci ball in the rough.
And I mean rough ~ using picnic tables, trees, rocks and bushes as obstacles.
The other obstacle was carrying a beer and having a dog tied around your waste.

We drove up to Wheeler's Gorge to assess for future camping.
Hit a camping store in Ojai.
Managed to get out of there without spending a dime.
Ate and drank some more.
And started to figure out how to Scamp.

2 comments: